2022 Blogging Tips III
If you’ve mastered Blogging Tips I & II, these Top Ten Tips will ensure your content is seen online!
- Looking for a great topic? Do a local search. Take a peek at the top results, and do that subject matter better than that other page one result.
- Once you start getting into some topics you have touched on before, make sure you do some internal linking between those similar pages.
- People (and Google) LOVE accurate, relatable lists. You cannot go wrong with an accurate list.
- More importantly, research your lists. If everybody else has a Top Ten or Twenty-Five, go for 50. #bethebest
- Title headline modifiers like “Best,” “Top”, and “New” attract eyeballs. So do question marks and numbers.
- Your Blog Post Title should be 60 characters or less. More won’t hurt, but too many won’t help.
- Third-party links are excellent – write something for a related blog with a link back to yours.
- Try to make your article “evergreen” or seasonal. A one-time event happening on a specific date will eventually have an expiration date.
- Still stuck on finding a topic? Think of something related but not what you might typically consider – it can be historical or topical.
- Add a short FAQS section with your blog/article. Several simple one-sentence questions with a brief 2-3 sentence answer can be incredible Google-bait and increase your chances of being included in a top-of-the-search-page Featured Snippet.